Sunday, February 21, 2010

I've been called a 'bad Canadian' because I support an American athlete at the Olympics. But really, how can that be? I've been a fan of Bode Miller for years and it had never been an Olympic based support. I follow his career throughout the season and admire him as an athlete. I don't feel like that takes away from my patriotism at all. I love my country and if Canada had a ski team worth cheering for, I would definately be behind them. But the facts are simple: Bode Miller is a beast in all five disciplines he competes in and he's proven that in his first three races of these Olympics. Bronze in the Downhill, Silver in the Super G and his first ever Olympic Gold Medal in the Super Combined today. He's absolutely incredible and amazing to watch. I cheer for good athletes and I don't think it should matter what country they represent. I obviously want Canada to succeed in Vancouver, and so far the athletes are doing great and I'm proud of that. Aside from everything, congratulations Bode Miller on the win today.
GO CANADA GO

1 comment:

  1. babEE you write so well. i'm kind of happy i found this as i creeped your twitter just now. i'm gonna leave you comments always.
    <3 p.s your about me is so cute.

    ReplyDelete